Wednesday, June 6, 2012

ENDING

Uh oh internet friends... prepare yourself for this one...



Dang! It's true, after 3+ years of making daily comics, I plan to stop on my birthday this year. I've thought about it a lot and came to this conclusion like 9 months ago.


It won't be as big of a deal as it seems though. I'm still going to do slice-of-life style auto-bio comics, I just want to switch up the format a little bit. I plan on making one or two longer little comics a week, so I'll still be drawing just as much. I feel like I hit a plateau with the daily strips a while ago, and I've just been cruising ever since. I don't feel like I'm learning anything artistically from doing it anymore. Don't get me wrong though, I love making daily diary comics, and I'm kind of anxious to stop, but I just think I need to move on.

11 comments:

Mark P Hensel AKA William Cardini said...

It'll be a bit of a bummer to not get the daily diary strips any more but I applaud you for recognizing that you're not getting anything out of them anymore. I'm looking forward to seeing some longer autobio comics from you!

Molly Ledford said...

You really deliver that like the break-up that it is.

Dan said...

congrats on doing something new! three years is hell of a long time to do anything this regularly, and it's been a pleasure to read 'em.

Matt said...

Congrats, man, on over 3 years of daily awesomeness... To be honest, I had a feeling this was coming, don't ask me how. I'm really excited for you and I can't wait to see you do some longer stuff (coincidentally, that's what I've settled on with my stuff, too... a page every few days). You're an incredibly talented artist and a great guy. Thanks for letting us share your life for so long.

Shayle said...

At first I was like D:

But after reading why, I see that it's for the best. Thanks for the last 3 years, and I hope to see you keep improving with your other projects in the future!

GARZA said...

coolness dood, cant wait to see all the new projects you'll be doing soon! #bonerexploders

tintorcio said...

Your strip has been very inspirational and friggin' funny.

Emily said...

Sad! I can always relate to them so well! Ah, well, I'm very excited to see what you do next! (Also, your birthday is one day after mine!)

Levi Krause said...

I don't care WHAT you draw, Sam. You know I'll be there to buy it/ enjoy it/ drool over your talent. Your work is excellent, man. Congrats on the new direction, can't wait to see what's next!

Sam Spina said...

Thank you everybody for your very encouraging comments. I love you all.

Jason Bradshaw said...

I think it's a good decision. Daily strips can be a little claustrophobic, artistically. Stoked to see what comes next!